View Single Post
Old 11-28-16, 09:49 AM
rallymaster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alathIN
I was about 70 lbs heavier than I am now when I started into cycling.
Good luck on your journey.
My suggestion would be go ahead and try without the e-adapter for a while. In my experience, generating power was not the only limiter on my tolerance for cycling - I'd be sore/tired/worn out in multiple ways, such that I'd probably have had to get off the bike at about the same time even if I did have a power assist. Everything grows together ;-)
BTW, I'm doing TrainerRoad's half ironman plan aiming for a 70.3 this coming July. If I can do it, you certainly can.

That is superb on your weight loss, I tried a punching bag, but all I got was sore wrists then I recalled my college years and remembered the biking. I would be sweaty, great workout and you got to have fun. Semi-fat tire bike, mixed with not a fat tire bike, mixed with lower price... why not?

The electrifying is also a means for me to travel back and forth to work 10 miles to and 10 back, I was hoping to pick my son up from daycare using one of those pull behind carts which ironically I bought before he was born he is 3 now... alright almost 4. If I have to ride with that thing open it would be like pulling a parachute for 10 miles yikes!