Old 01-16-17, 01:04 PM
jtm54

Bikes: Giant TCR Adv., Tsunami Cross, Trek Madone 4.7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MambaJack
The main thing that has prevented me thus far from ordering are the couple of internet posts that knock the 71 degree head tube angle. I am trying to determine how big of an issue that really is. I am sure the 92' Trek 930 that i used to ride is steeper, but its a lot of money to spend on something if i am going to hate it.
I believe it all comes down to how hard you plan to push the bike. For most cross county riding 71 degree will be fine, when you want to start going pretty fast, doing large jumps and drops the angle will come into play. Basically as the angle gets smaller the bike with have slower steering which is nice going fast and making corrections during landings. Where riding cross country you want the more nimble steering to deal with tight trails and obstacles. Also note, the fork is not designed at all for free ride type rides.

After a few rides I am very happy with the bike. All the components work nicely together, making a nice trail bike. I am still trying to dial in the fork pressure but shouldn't be too hard to do. Also, I did have to replace the saddle to something better.