View Single Post
Old 08-02-19, 09:37 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
I'm sure you mean well, but imagine being stabbed in the gut and told by your doctor to just get a good night's sleep. If others here suffer the same level of pain I experience on a regular basis, we're way past the solution of anything that superficial. Simply stated, operation > mediation > rest.

Not to imply I don't get your point -- I've seen many that look to a "magic" pill to solve all their ill without any regards to exercise or proper diet. Personally, I've never met a diabetic that wasn't overweight for example.

As for me, I go to the doctor only as a last resort. And only once all possible solutions I can think of and research have been exhausted. Or when there's a solution I can't access on my own, and without a medical professional's validation .

With all due respect, I explicitly stated that "I'm sure it (CBD oil) helps some with chronic pain."

My comment regarding getting enough sleep was specific to recovery, not chronic pain.

-Tim-