View Single Post
Old 04-17-17, 09:32 PM
markss

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
V650 sync lost and found

I realise that this thread has been inactive for a while, but I expect it is still being visited by V650 owners like me who are seeking a solution to the sync problems.

My experience has been that syncing via USB with my Windows 7 PC had always been fine, until I installed the latest V650 firmware update in February 2017. From then on I have not been able to get the USB sync to work.

I read the many suggestions in this bike forum and various web pages. Unfortunately nothing seemed to work and like many others I was frustrated and annoyed by a function which should be simple and painless.

Instead of flogging a dead horse, I chose the bypass route and moved to using the Bluetooth connection to my iPad. This worked with absolutely no problems until a few weeks ago. For no obvious reason (although there have been system and app updates), the sync process always fails after a few minutes with the very helpful message that something went wrong and I should try again.

More frustration and annoyance! What to do? Back to the PC and the USB cable!

It may be that I never tried this combination, but if I switch off all of the protections in my virus checker (Avast), uninstall the NDIS Internet Sharing Device and then scan for hardware changes, the USB sync to Windows 7 miraculously works. I always get a message afterward that the driver installation failed. But repeating the same sequence each time does work for me. Don't forget to turn on the virus checker afterwards!

So, I hope this helps someone out there by encouraging them to try this solution. It may not work for everyone because of the multiplicity of Windows and device configurations, but it may well be worth the five minutes of your time to overcome the frustration and annoyance.

And if anyone has any suggestions for what to try for the iPad sync I would appreciate a reply.