holytrousers
hoppipola

Bikes: fausto coppi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Standalone

We just toured the North Shore of Long Island and the Connecticut Shoreline. Though separated by a few miles of water or highway, the driving culture was completely different. Narrow, heavily traveled “country” roads on the north shore and north fork saw universal competent passing even with fast driving.

Connecticut was terrifying. Horns, screaming, cutting off me or my kids to run us off the road — tailgating inches off my back wheel and leaning on the horn... and it really seemed like every other driver had an angry, enraged look on their face, even when we were just resting with our tour bikes on the side of the road. Restaurants and state parks had a similar difference in vibe.

Why are these states so different?
this picture reminded of what happened to me two days ago: on a narrow street with plenty of potholes and stationed cars an old man heading towards me is meandering through this mess on his electric wheelchair. i stop and wait for the buddy to pass and all of a sudden the car behind him starts honking agressively : a middleaged woman and her teenage son are inside. i looked at her with embarrassment and when she opened her window i asked her if she was comfortable inside her airconditioned car.. She throws her wide open hand straight into my face and aggressively drives away..
Let's just focus on the other 99% of drivers who are not like that..
Likes For holytrousers: