Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by knightblaze
onsay99

Honestly didn't think of doing it that way - I'll plan that for next weekend as I did a WD40 soak and White Lightning post sitting for a few hours today. Definitely getting responsive shifting much better than before. I"ll also do the wire cleaning when it's pulled. It's looking better and better that I can salvage them and not drop big money into it. Not gonna lie it needs some work like the chain ring (two broken teeth), so I'd rather put my money there if i have to but so far it isn't noticeable

Appreciate everyone's assistance, definitely helpful and good to know I have resources here
Don't clean the cables or the outer casing, rather replace all of them. You will need to buy replacement cable kits, one for brakes, the other for shifters. At the very minimum replace the shifter cables. You will also need some way to cut the cable outer case to size without crushing the casing. Most of us here special cable cutters, normal cutters will not work. If you have a dremel tool you can use that using the saw bit. An awl or nail to open up the end that you cut also. Use the old cable casing to cut the new to size.