seeker333
-

Bikes: yes!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by jrickards
I do use and have (name of brand escapes me at this time) MTB shoes with Crank Bros cleats to go with my Eggbeaters (been clipless for several years) but I got to thinking that I might be more comfortable with flat shoes and pedals.

I'm a bit surprised about your suggestion for Speedplay, I thought that they were meant for road bikes/shoes, oh, wait, I've just looked online, the Frogs are the MTB versions of the road ones I've seen more often, got it.
Yep, Frogs are MTB pedals but they're also great for all-around road use. The cleat has a low height so you can walk in your bike shoes more naturally than some road shoe/cleat combinations. Frogs let you walk without damaging a wood floor. Their most useful feature is the no-spring-recentering design that lets you twist your foot laterally on the pedal like it's on ice, or as Speedplay puts it "knee-friendly, non-centering free float."

I have some Eggbeaters too, I quit using them after I got Frogs. I've revisited street shoes + flat pedals a few times over the years, I immediately swap the pedals out (again) after trying them. For me, Frogs are simply the best.

Last edited by seeker333; 05-22-19 at 02:55 PM.