View Single Post
Old 08-23-15, 04:01 PM
ShortLegCyclist

Bikes: Many bikes in three states and two countries, mainly riding Moots Vamoots, Lynskey R265 disc and a Spot Denver Zephyr nowadays

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtp13
I made a frame mounted Brompton bag from a Camera bag

Lowepro Nova Sport 17L AW Shoulder Bag for DSLR with Attached Lens, Pepper Red
SKU: LPNS17LRD MFR: LP36611

Lowepro Nova Sport 17L AW Shoulder Bag, Pepper Red LP36611

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0GPSFAGATGZFW6

Photos of my $17 camera bag mounted on a S-bag frame ($33). Bag is currently $28.50 on Amazon. I hit a good sale on the bag. The color is a red orange and appears to be offered at a lower price than the black/gray model.

The Trolley strap in the back of the bag allows a cut down S-bag to slide through. Right now mine fits really tight but I may have to add a couple of strap later. Still a bargain compared to other options. I had to disable the zipper in the bag’s trolley strap band in order to slide the frame through.

Comes with a raincover and an internal configurable padded removable storage unit with its own intergrated cover. It has a small strap on the top and a shoulder strap (which I have stowed).

I wanted a smaller bag and this provided that and a much lower price point than the official options.
Looks good.

You can also just buy the front carrier rack frame, without the pricey bags, and then a wide variety of panniers will lock right onto the top rail.