Old 12-08-15, 09:26 AM
Jarrett2

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Money, tools, car parts, every animal I can think of. Hundreds of water bottles at Hotter'n Hell. Saw a carbon fiber bottle cage rattle off a full carbon bike on the chipseal there as well.

One of the funnier ones was a big, purple d!ldo spotted while on tour just laying on the side of the road on a long 8% climb. Fun trying to think of how it ended up there

The most recent one was a iPhone 6s. Brand new, nice, expensive one. Only thing that saved it was he had it in an Otter Box that exploded but saved the phone after impact.

The phone was powered up, but locked. Thanks to the notifications scrolling by on the front screen, there was one from whom we intuited to be his girlfriend. So my girlfriend looked her up on FB and messaged her with our phone number. He called, we met and returned the phone. It was a young redneck kid, maybe 20.

What I found amusing was that he just walked up and took the phone from me and started saying, "It didn't even break, I'm so glad its ok," and started walking back to his truck. No thank you, nothing. So I started walking to his truck and he was showing it to his girlfriend and she leaned over passed him and said, "thank you." Which prompted him to turn around and say, "oh yeah, thank you" sort of in passing then got into his truck and left.

I just kinda shook my head and walked away thinking, "kids today..."