View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 03:32 PM
saddlesniffer

Bikes: Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
It all started around 1977 when I saw my first true bmx race bike. It was a '76 Redline square back that my friends brother had. The thing was a boat anchor but man did it look nice. Nickel plated frame and fork with motomags. I thought it was the coolest bike ever. Since then I had several bmx bikes, Mongoose, Diamond back, GT. Then I discovered girls and cars. I always had cycling in my blood though. In college when the mountain bike craze was starting I bought a Answer Manitou FS and that was a cool bike but it got stolen out of my garage. Then I bought a Yeti ARC. Then a few years later after I got married I realized I was getting fat so I looked into road bikes. I then bought a Cannondale but never really got into it so I then sold it. I then had kids and rediscovered bmx racing again and started that up again. I got more enjoyment watching my kids race then actually racing myself. I then decided to give road bikes a try again since my boomer neighbors are always riding. Bought myself a BH Ultralight RC and I have not looked back since. I sometimes go with my boomer neighbors or I will go by my self. Either way I am enjoying it a lot. I still go to the bmx track with my kids and ride the 24" cruiser class with all the other old farts who used to race back in the day.