View Single Post
Old 11-16-20, 05:03 PM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Litespud
... However, for this application I'd rather use some decent high-grade steel fasteners than some Ti screws of unknown provenance
Note also that M6 fasteners come in coarse (1mm pitch) and fine (0.75mm pitch) thread - make sure you're getting the right one
Somehow I thought Ti is not just light but also strong, or it may just be that quality grade (the provenance). I suppose here like with most everything, you get what you pay for, some screws are quite expensive. Maybe steel (stainless steel?) would be better, I can put some black paint on the heads once screwed in.

Coarse/fine threads, thanks... I think these will be fine ones, the machine screws. I suppose there is nothing to it but I will have to unscrew some of them to test the thread in nuts (or in template like some shops have to help folks like me), my experience doesn't quite stretch too far in this direction. I grew up in EU and have constant struggle with the many screw types in North America, it is a constant headache.

I'd say, bikes are all metric, so it should be fine thread. But the Amazon seller says nothing about the thread pitch on those particular screws I found, see the link above (there the thread looks to be coarse). There is very little choice with those conical heads.

Last edited by vane171; 11-16-20 at 05:09 PM.