Old 12-18-18, 06:51 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18378 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
A lot of the coast parks and picnic areas already have restrooms, electricity, and running water.

If it is running water, they must have at least a septic and large drainfield. They may periodically pump the septic tank, but they would have to have a drainfield to get rid of liquids. It would be reasonably cheap to say pull a water and sewage connection say 1/4 mile away to a new micro campground. Lift pumps can be very functional for sewage.

Make the bike campground close enough to be connected, but far enough away to have some isolation, and perhaps avoid questions about why cyclists can camp but drivers can't.

I suppose before building new campgrounds, one should see what actually is available.

I'm happy enough to go super primitive, but also sensitive to human waste issues.

Time to get those generator wheels built that I've been procrastinating about!!! No need for electrical hookups.

Oh, as far as putting bikes in view. It may work in some cases, but I usually walk a mile or so when on the beach, and may not be paying attention to a bike rack when exploring a rocky beach.