View Single Post
Old 08-17-20, 11:15 AM
glennwegner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NomarsGirl
I don't like the heat and have figured out that early is the only time of day tolerable for me to be outside. What do you morning people eat before a ride? I have been having food issues (I don't eat enough) and need ideas for how to fuel my body so I can get out and ride. I'm not trying to lose weight so not concerned about calories or fat.
If my ride is under 100km/3 hours I often won't eat anything, or at most a piece of fruit, but I always bring a gel or 2 just in case I run out of gas. If I'm going longer, what I consume depends on how long between breakfast and the ride. If I have more than an hour I will eat oatmeal, eggs, fruit, high fat (11%) yogurt. Like someone else said, if you are going at a relatively easy pace, eat whatever you want. Your body will likely be able to digest and put out power at the same time. I do eat a lot when I'm done, then again in about an hour. By lunch time I'm basically on my third meal, so I'm getting enough food in, just not before I ride. Good luck sorting this out - nutrition and physical activity are very personal, and when you do get it figured out, both will be more enjoyable.