Old 02-22-15, 04:44 AM
North Coast Joe

Bikes: Couple of rigid MTB's and a fixed gear

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Love/hate seems to be a good outlook toward your trainer. You seem to be very savvy at picking up your riding faults and correcting them while suffering.

I do look for technique faults in my indoor riding, but have to share the trainer with others in the family. Thus the training bike is not equipped with a saddle of my choice, a saddle height that is less than I require, and only 150mm cranks. None of that easily adjustable. Because of this, I work on standing and grinding a lot. Good for core strength, I guess. I'm doing two hours sessions now. The only way I can endure the time expenditure is to lose myself in music through the headphones.

I have a dedicated Winter bike, very safe and well-equipped. I found this year and last, though, that frostbite is easier to aquire than when I was younger. Also, we have a considerable amount of snow here, and at times feel very uncomfortable surrounded by traffic with four foot walls of snow along the roadside. There's just no place to go if things aren't looking good with approaching vehicles. An occasional ride outside is the best I can manage.

So, thinking about it further, there's no love for my trainer. Just burning, all-consuming hate. I'll try again today to wear out that resistance unit so it's no longer usable. Doubtfully successfully, it seems to be well made!