View Single Post
Old 03-02-21, 07:25 AM
JosephLMonti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinigis
OK, we now have a design to accommodate 406 wheels (with up to 2" tires), and IGH (using an eccentric bottom bracket for tensioning), belt drive, hydraulic disc brakes (my personal preference), chromoly steel, and mounts for rear rack and fenders. We are going to make a prototype as soon as we can. It make a little time since we aren't used to dealing with an IGH.

Now, what would you estimate to be a price point for a setup like this?
Given that this bike will feature a chromoly frame, I think the best comparison would be the Dahon Speed. Currently the Dahon Speed 8 is available for $699 while the Dahon Speed 9 goes for $899, so I would expect the Origami model (what will you call it?) will be somewhere in that ball park.

Also, I really appreciate how receptive you've been to everyone's input, so I hesitate to make yet another request, but please consider making the tire clearance threshold a bit more than 2 inches. Most 406 wheeled folding bikes can already take up to a 2 inch wide tire, so to make your offering stand out from the crowd, maybe go something like 2.3 inch? This wouldn't eliminate any narrow tire (like 1.5-1.75) customers, but would only increase your potential market as I sense there is some interest amongst people in running wider tires.

Last edited by JosephLMonti; 03-02-21 at 07:31 AM.
Likes For JosephLMonti: