Old 10-03-15, 11:37 AM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1807 Post(s)
Liked 1,448 Times in 995 Posts
For cycling on roads I can see bicycle companies de-emphasising true 'road racing' rigs (CF everything, ultra-light components, faster at the finish line, etc) in favor of more road friendly bicycles built with more sturdy materials and techniques to handle the potholes and small pieces of junk found everyday on the road, plus the heavier weights of the everyday riders (those pros are pretty lightweight dudes!); something more like a touring bicycle rather than a bicycle orientated toward road racing or time-trialing. It'll work for long rides, workout rides, and an occasional race. Just my two cents.

Self-driving cars? Boy that's going to be rough on everyone (bicyclists and other vehicle drivers), especially at the start when the unknown software glitches cause accidents. I kinda like driving a car without all the electronic monitoring doo-dads and entertainment crap - just get out there, pay attention to the road, listen to the engine and transmission 'singing' below your butt, and enjoy being behind the wheel!