NeilGunton
Crazyguyonabike

Bikes: Co-Motion Divide

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Man, it's so funny I'm actually having a good laugh. It's like you just stepped back into the first page of the thread and missed the 327 posts where we sorted all that out. I don't want to accuse anyone of being lazy for not reading but...
I think the only thing that's been "sorted out" here is that the whole topic of e-bikes is controversial, at least here on the "bicycle touring" forum. It's become obvious that any attempted discussion of bikes with motors will always end up getting derailed by people who feel that they don't belong here. There is a push by some who think that they should just be accepted by everybody, but there is an equal push back from others who just don't want it here. There will always be people who see a motor on a bicycle and conclude that the rider is just being lazy. And there will always be others who see e-bike technology as enabling those with disabilities. The only thing that has been established beyond a doubt is that this is a topic that is as polarizing as bicycle helmets. I'm sure this thread will eventually get locked, same as the previous ones, so that (to me at least) is evidence enough for the view that perhaps e-bike discussions would be best conducted over on the e-bike forum. Even if you think that e-bikes are just fine for touring, is it really worth all the hassle of fighting and bickering every time it's brought up here?

Neil