Thread: Tire options
View Single Post
Old 10-18-17, 02:17 PM
bcpriess

Bikes: Masi Giramondo, Trek 830 monstercross build, Raleigh Gran Sport, Lemond Tourmalet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Tire options

Hi all. Looking at some future tire options for my 26er dropbar conversion when the current ones wear out. A few tires have caught my eye, but no idea what experiences people have had with them. My 700c bike has 40c MSOs, which are great, but sadly not available in 26 (and I also want a wider tire (around 50c/2in) for going farther afield on the 26er). I want to keep the low center tread with higher corners...The tires that have caught my eye:

Continental Double Fighter III - nice file or file-ish tread with knobby edges, seems like a more aggressive version of the MSO in some ways, maybe tougher (it's heavier) but less compliant?

Schwalbe Sammy Slick - Seems to do everything I want, but looks like the 26 may no longer be available?

Michelin Country Rock - have heard this is a good "all around" tire that works in many conditions and the tread pattern looks like it could work well, but unclear as to whether it's any good in gravelly/muddy conditions?

Thoughts/opinions? Am I missing some good contenders?