Old 04-07-21, 03:26 PM
DETarch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zeego
Thanks for the suggestion! These look really cool: (Canyon Hardtail)
It's been mentioned already, but bike availability is practically non-existent. Especially at this price point. Lots of good options for ~$1500 hardtails, but a quick search shows 'out of stock' on basically every site.

But still, a couple things to consider if you are able to find a bike in stock...

1. Your money is going to go further buying from one of the direct-to-consumer companies, i.e. Canyon, YT, Fezzari, Vitus, Ragley, etc. Depending on how comfortable you feel doing minor assembly and adjustment, this can be a great way to get better spec for the same price.
2. I'd be looking at Shimano groupsets only at this price point. Their new Deore is really nice (both drivetrain and non-series brakes). I wouldn't touch SRAM SX or Level brakes, which are also common at this price point.
3. I'd look for a bike with boost spacing front and rear (110/148) to ensure better compatibility with parts (both replacements and upgrades) in the future. $1500 hardtails sometimes have odd 141 QR or the older 135 QR frame spacing.

Good luck!