Old 09-19-19, 10:04 AM
Bingod

Bikes: Giant Anyroad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
The chain tensioning is much higher with the Shadow derailleurs because of the stronger springs (designed to keep chains in place). I've found that this makes "misalignment" of the chain (cross-chainging) a noisier affair. When the chain is more or less inline between front and rear sprockets, it runs fine. But when you start getting outside that "straight and narrow", it's less tolerant of that. And it makes intuitive sense -- the derailleur cage is pulling harder on the chain with Shadow derailleurs compared with traditional designs.

I've tried to make my RD-M3000 derailleur work correctly on a number of bikes, and I just couldn't find satisfaction with it. I've posted a few questions about these derailleurs here in the past. Here is a thread. Here is a second one. Neither is directly the same issue as yours, @Bingod, but I believe the behaviors may be related.
Thanks for this. This is the conclusion I'm coming to and have now read elsewhere how people have struggled with this mech. Too bad. Ill keep it on until i become too fed up with it.

Last edited by Bingod; 09-19-19 at 06:53 PM.