View Single Post
Old 06-10-20, 02:13 PM
Sertsa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 67 Posts
Smaller, daily victories/achievements.

Hi all. I thought a thread where we can share the small, daily victories/achievements would be nice. I mainly thought that as there are some things I'd like to share but don't think they're stand-alone thread-worthy.

For instance, this morning I took my bike in for its post-break-in adjustments. While putting on my mask, I put the car key on the center console, opened the trunk, and locked the doors. After getting my bike out of my small sedan (a Mazda 3) I realized I didn't have the key. So, I crawled through the trunk to get it. While doing so I was amazed as a year ago, let alone two, I would not have been able to do that. And if I'd tried someone would have likely recorded it, and I'd probably be in a viral video. It felt good.

For another small victory, I'm now 232lbs. At 6'2", I now have an "overweight" BMI instead of an "obese" one. That hasn't been the case for a very long time. (If you're curious, in May 2018 I was 440lbs).

And according to Strava, I've ridden my bike 663km/412miles since late March. That's not a lot compared to many of you, but I'm proud of it.

So, have anything you'd like to share?