View Single Post
Old 12-17-19, 06:42 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
My "new" camera arrived at my building on Sunday but I didn't find out about it until today. And today was dry! So, ride and pictures were both on the agenda today.

Downtown Redmond:

I never knew this sculpture had a lighting feature:

I used to use Flites exclusively. Sold them all off bar one, and I decided to give it a go today. Pleasantly surprised at the comfort, so it may stay:

Superbe brakes worked well, good feel, but maybe a little more flexible than their Campy counterpart:

Beautifully-made Superbe caliper:

Drivetrain consists of Gran Sport crankset, Suntour Cyclone derailleurs and Barelli Supreme pedals with Sola toe clips:

Very, very clean crankset came from @shnibop:

This was the first pair of Barellis I bought last year. The black anodizing on these is pretty thin and not very durable, so it was mostly worn away from the top plates of the cage. Because I decided to have Van re-thread the in-the-mail Sugino crankarms for 9/16ths I decided to take these out of the box and put them back into use - after I stripped the anodizing late last night! When I was done I gave them a once-over with Softsoap and a wad of brass wool to give the cages a brushed look. While the original black/silver would've worked better with the overall theme, these look good, too.

Spanish toe clips:

Very clean front derailleur. I was a bit worried I was going to bottom out the clamp screw before the clamp was holding tightly to the seat tube, but all ended up well:

More to come...

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 12-17-19 at 06:46 PM.
Likes For Drillium Dude: