Old 01-21-21, 12:59 AM
arizkohli

Bikes: Scott Addict 20 rim brakes, Bergamont Grandurance RD5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Everybody is doing to be different, but with perenium problems, I'd be looking at the width of the cutout, and support of your sit bones.

There used to be a blog post by Cervelo called, "The four and a half rules of saddle fit," or something very similar - see if you can find an archived copy somewhere.

Basically: correct width (get measured), not too cushy, flattish... something else.... tilt? ... and a cutout if necessary (likely is in your case).

I've had similar numbness issues on the trainer. I got my sit bone width measured (any bike shop that carries Specialized should have an ass-o-meter) and found that I needed a wider than typical saddle ~155mm or thereabouts. The saddle profile also has to be relatively flat from side to side - I needed to support the structure, not have a saddle that wedged in to soft tissue. I also needed a wide cutout. For my personal needs, I've found that Shimano/PRO Stealth saddles in the 150+ size work well.
Thank you. The problem is we don't have any sit bone measuring service/device here so I guess I'll have to do it the DIY method from all the web suggestions.
The prologo is sloped on the sides, a bit ... definitely not flat. Does a downward tilt help? I will check out the Shimano and PRO Stealth saddles you mentioned

Originally Posted by Trakhak
Bike Forums has a "Clydesdales and Atheneas" subforum dedicated to discussions among people who are over 90 kg in weight. If you post your questions there, you'll get very helpful responses.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Agreeing with WhyFi - you could also look at Selle Italia Superflow saddles. One of those solved my saddle problems. Yeah, definitely do not ride with a numbie.
I'm afraid if I take a break I will never get back on the saddle again. I took up cycling just for fitness after years of procrastination and I'm loving it so much that I can't imagine no cycling anymore. I'll check out the Selle saddle, thanks.