View Single Post
Old 02-16-21, 02:41 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10236 Post(s)
Liked 5,183 Times in 2,225 Posts
Today was one of those days where all the stars aligned and I had two awesome rides. The first one was solo, I had to delay it due to extreme wet conditions but once I got started I didn’t want to stop. It was. perfect 55 degrees, zero wind and I felt super strong. Had to stop when nature started to call. Not using wet leaves or my nice gloves.

Second ride was with Lily. She was bummed because she hasn’t ridden in two weeks. She took off strong holding 16 mph. I was super impressed. She didn’t hold it the whole ride, but she was looking stronger as well. At the 17 mile mark she said she wanted to do 30 miles. I was worried she was going to bonk at the 25 mile mark but she pushed through. Next week she wants to do 40 but she wants a break in the middle of it. Thinking of going up the cap trail and finding a place to eat and then turning around.

Super proud of her. I’ve never seen her so motivated before, and it’s crazy to me how far she is going. It took me months before I ever got to 30 miles.

Hope everyone is well. Been super busy and out of it lately, why I havnt been popping in all that much.
Likes For bampilot06: