Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by guadzilla
My take away from all of this: you are hoarding those 9170 shifters in your drawer
No one has those.... In fact I've actually rifled through all the Shimano I had (what little of it). This whole industry spent years pushing us to a JIT model for inventory by having everything available to us at all times and within a 1 day transport. Between the massive availability and the fact that we were being offered wholesale pricing that was sometimes more than online bike shop's retail pricing it's no wonder that we all stopped stocking things.

This year will cause a lot of bike shops to simply go out of business. Says a lot. Most interest in bicycles since the oil crisis of the 70's and bike shops are going out of business.

Originally Posted by phrantic09
I paid the shipping for the bike I just picked up from LBS. I think it was 60 bucks.
That's what most of us are being charged for freight to the store for each bike. Looks like they just did a pass through on it. Well done. Also thanks for not starting a thread on here about how your bike shop gouged you for a shipping cost.

Likes For Psimet2001: