Old 02-26-21, 03:54 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
When Mrs. GeneJockey and I had just gotten married, we lived in a flat in The Richmond*, two blocks from Golden Gate Park. Every May we'd wander down to the Park and watch a few minutes of the Bay To Breakers run/jog/walk/stroll by.

One guy who passed was wearing a suit. His birthday suit. It didn't register at first. His hair - all of it, everywhere - had sun-bleached to the same color his skin - all of it, everywhere - had tanned to. This was maybe half a mile or so from the finish at Ocean Beach, so he'd already run probably 7 miles that way. Personally, I wouldn't want to run that far without some kind of support, you know?

*For those who don't know the geography of San Francisco, The Richmond is basically the upper left hand corner of San Francisco, North of the Park.
You Kalifornians are something else!

Last time we were in your area, we went to Stinson Beach. It was September, and it was cold enough that the wife and I were wearing coats. As we walked down the beach toward the south end, just before we got to the big rocks, some guy went running out from behind one about 20' in front of us, and jumped in the ocean. No swim suit, just a birthday suit. I'm sure (but didn't stick around to find out) that he was shriveled like a raisin getting out of that cold water.