View Single Post
Old 03-02-21, 07:47 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3350 Post(s)
Liked 3,620 Times in 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
This all falls under convenience, which was the first thing that I conceded (though it could provide a potentially interesting conversation about how the method of media consumption may have influenced media output... Is there less of a focus on albums as a conceptual whole in favor of popping out one good song, two mediocre and misc dreck filling the rest of the 45 minutes?). I'm primarily interested in and discussing how engaging the playback is.
Overall I like my record collection a lot but one album in particular sticks out as being kind of annoying. I can't remember which one it is exactly but it's a full length record spanning four sides - the only issue is that it's fairly short for a full length so each side is only like 10 minutes. Kind of annoying having to switch sides so quickly and so often, it really kills any kind of flow the album has.

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
There are many albums I just can't stand to NOT listen to the whole thing at one sitting.
I'd say 95% of my music listening is full albums. Typically (at least on my iPod) I'll let it play on shuffle until I hear something I like and then I'll just go listen to that whole album. Otherwise if I'm at my computer I can browse through my collection until something catches my eye.