View Single Post
Old 04-04-20, 10:36 PM
ups

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
A B17 works poorly for me for touring. I can use a B17 when setting more upright like on a bike with flat bars. But for touring I prefer drop bars and use the drops when I have a headwind, and a B 17 is too wide and too flat in the back for me when I use the drops. But a Brooks Pro has the perfect shape for me.

The Brooks Conquest is basically a sprung Brooks Pro. I have Conquests on most of my bikes, but I have a Brooks Pro on my road bike and on a vintage racing bike.

I do not think it is weight that makes a person more or less likely to like a Brooks, I think it is the shape of their bum and their posture. I recall several years ago on this forum someone was saying there are B17 butts and there are (Brooks) Professional butts, based on that I have a Professional butt. I fluctuate from about 175 to 190 pounds.

One of my Brooks Conquests is on the bike in the photo. That one started as a honey color one.

I have met several rando riders that like the Brooks Cambium saddles. I tried a couple and they are too hard for me. I have ridden 12 to 14 hours a few times on Brooks leather saddles, including on the trip where I took the above photo. But an hour and a half on the Cambium was not for me. But some of the rando riders that have the Cambium and love it, it clearly works for some people.
I have a Conquest as well. It's my most comfortable saddle.

Is your bike a Thorn Nomad MKII? How do you like it?