View Single Post
Old 05-23-19, 08:49 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,705 Times in 2,524 Posts
I think you'll be happy with the Cyo Premium. Not everyone descends mountains at speed in the dark, which is where I would pick the IQ-X

Originally Posted by rantoie
The reason why I decided against the IQ-X was because I read people saying they had both the Cyo (note: Premium 80 version, its an upgraded version to the older model) and the IQ-X and couldn't really notice a difference. The IQ-X feels more like a direct challenge to Edelux lights. It does have a higher light output, but the beam is very narrow. It also seems to have a pretty weak standlight (its only powered by a capacitor). It does look like a higher quality anodized steel casing, which would last longer.
If you never ride with someone else, then maybe you would not be able to tell the difference. I have both of these lights, and I think the IQ-X is obviously superior. I have been somewhat disappointed with my Cyo Premium. Don't have any idea if I would be satisfied with the IQ-X under the same conditions. I agree about the standlight though. I think it's probably adequate, doesn't have to be that bright. As far as the switches go, I never turn my lights off. I wish the version with no switch had the same light output.

I feel they could make the beam wider on all of their lights, but I don't know of a company that does a better job of that. The only B&M I have been happy with as far as beam width goes is the Luxos U on high beam, but I wouldn't recommend those because they totally botched the weather proofing.

I think the standlight is probably adequate for stopping at a stoplight or stop sign. I usually have a battery powered helmet light in an urban setting.

Having said all that, last Saturday I rode 180 miles with my Cyo Premium. I was never particularly unhappy about the light I got.

The Edelux II has the same optics as the Cyo Premium. Supposed to have less output than a IQ-X, but when I ride with the friend that has one I can't tell the difference between our lights.

Last edited by unterhausen; 05-23-19 at 08:55 AM.