View Single Post
Old 06-28-20, 06:27 PM
gear64

Bikes: State Black Label All Road, Univega Gran Premio, Lotus Classique, Terranaut Metro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Rigsson
As long as he gave you some space instead of close passing I don't see an issue.

On the other hand, in my area we have curbside bike lanes on all the major streets and most of the minor ones. I regularly get motorcycles try to split the bike lane and try to pass where there's not enough room. (And don't get me started on the cagers that think a 5 foot wide vehicle will fit in a 3 foot wide lane.)
I live just outside the city limits. The city has a generous amount bike lanes. The MUP network is growing fast in city and county. Fortunately I live between two of the more popular ones. Still there's only so far they can take you, and I still have to take roads to reach them. I do the bulk of my rides in the city and townships the county engulfed, but there are still some areas I venture into that are just sprawling suburbs, typically meaning you can't get from point A to point B without getting onto higher speed, sometimes high volume 4 lane roads. The sprawling suburbs are where 99% of road rage incidents occur, even when on the calmer (speed/traffic) secondary roads.