Old 02-12-18, 10:56 AM
dstaudacher

Bikes: 1971 Frejus, Vitus 992, Peugeot PSV-10 (Highly Modified)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
Is this bike going to be a rider or a wall hanger?
I'll probably do a little of both. I plan to show it at Cycles De Oro's next (and last!) Classic Rendevous Weekend (*) this May with "period correct" Vittoria Corsa CX tires on Mavic Paris-Roubaix SSC rims, but when I ride it I'll probably leave those home and take it out with a set of newer tubulars on some spare rims.
Also, I've examined very, very carefully that photo you posted and am convinced that's a Vittoria Corsa CX on the front. It looks to me like two words after the red square, and Corsa Seta CX would be three. From what I've gathered, Kelly seems to have been not so much concerned with weight savings as with durability and I think silks are a bit more fragile?
And would you by chance have any *more* pictures of any of Kelly's 1992 Vitus bikes (with or without Kelly)? Please?? So far, your closeup has been my *best* source of information! Where did you find that photo, BTW? And where was it? Paris-Roubaix? Tour of Flanders?
(*) Classic Rendezvous Weekend 2018 schedule - "Grand Finale"! After 20 years, this is the last one Dale plans on doing. Not to be missed!