Old 07-05-18, 01:44 PM
JLDickmon
dollar-store reject

Bikes: one big fat wad of classic Cannondale mtb's

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mine, they ended up calling "idiopathic." Meaning after test after blood draw and test after test after blood draw after blood draw, they never could figure it out.
I used to shoot competitively; bowling pins, three gun, free pistol, service pistol, silhouette, skeet & trap.. so I reloaded my own ammunition. We initially thought it was chemical exposure, so I started wearing a respirator and nitrile gloves, problem seemed to abate. Then one day I pulled the used tire wagon in by myself (worked in a tire store, we sold used tires off an old haywagon parked out front).. and lo and behold, I was in arrhythmia when I was done. Stress test, nuclear stress test, more stress testing.. still found nothing.

So I spent a couple years on lanoxin. Been off the med for 15 years now, no problems with arrhythmia, but in the meantime I did have a couple of stents put in..

Just last December released from Plavix daily.
Also started a new diet, went keto.
Lost 50 lbs so far.
Dr told me last month to add cardio.. I said "over and above my strength training?" "Yep."
So I dug the bike back out.. and remembered why I had put it away to begin with.. hardtails are hell on your backside when you are a Clydesdale.. Bought a couple vintage fs Cannondales.

It's a long road.
But the rewards are many.

Keep on your Dr. Find a cardiologist if you need to.
Likes For JLDickmon: