View Single Post
Old 04-25-19, 09:49 PM
Dreww10

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Frustratingly, nothing found. My mother-in-law had that from doctors for maybe 20 years. Diagnosis was possible insanity. Turned out she had MS. So did the cardiologist offer to order tests to see if in fact this was the case? Or is he just not interested in your case? Gotta be a doctor out there somewhere with a curious streak. Tough to find. Mostly they want the easy diagnosis and quick prescription. I've seen that over and over. What they want, above all, is quick patient turnover in the office. I know one doctor who keeps 5 exam rooms filled during office hours. Her quote, "My time is worth more than theirs."

Sounds to me like your mitochondria aren't functioning properly. But if that's the case, why?

You didn't mention hematorcrit. Was that taken?
Hematocrit 43.2% (range is 38.0-48.0)

Cardiologist did refer me for an echocardiogram, but at $2,000, I decided to cancel out other things before doing that. He felt pretty confident my heart is fine, particularly given my age and how fit my heart still appears to be, despite so much time off the bike. But couldn't be certain without the test.