Old 08-10-19, 10:34 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8273 Post(s)
Liked 9,026 Times in 4,469 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
I too could have had the tubes replaced on my bike but the cost was more than what a new frame would have been and then there would have been the added cost of getting the repaired frame painted. I was really sad to see that frame go.

Cheers
The money wasn't an issue for this guy and he wanted a different paint scheme anyway. It was all grey when I had it and he had it painted multiple shades of green with sharks all over the tubes.
It was Tange Prestige tubing and was way too flexy for me @220 pounds. He was 175 then and it was comfortable for him. I was the only bike I ever sold anywhere near what it was worth.
I've given 3 bikes away, including the one I replaced the Landshark with. I'd rather give them to someone I like than to try and sell them. I have 2 bikes now I'd like to get rid of.
Other bikes I have sold cheap just to move them out. I sold a Cannondale CAAD 5 I had put 30,000 miles on for just $300. I sold the Nishiki I toured across the country on for $20 as a frameset.

I don't know why but I don't have any emotional connection with bikes, or cars for that matter. They are just things.

Last edited by big john; 08-10-19 at 10:38 PM.