Old 04-13-21, 03:50 PM
Magnum PI

Bikes: Landshark, Kestrel Ironman, Giant Defy, Redline 925er, Orbea team Euskatel, AMP B2, Landshark e-Tandem, and, well you get the idea.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 17 Posts
Aloha Brian! To me, weight on a tandem is not as important as on a single bike. On my single bikes I always worked on lowering the rotating weight of wheels and tires first to get any advantage from getting a jump to catch a wheel or make a move in a group ride or race. On the tandem the added heft of 2 people plus water bottles always resulted in us going off the back when the roads started going up. However, as you know, the joy or riding with your partner far outweighs making the break! Hey my wife is 114 pounds soaking wet!

I see you guys also had a Cannondale road tandem and a Landshark Twinshark. We recently upgraded to an e-assist Twinshark (S&S couplers and gravel geared) and while heavier than our 'Dale, it makes us feel 30 years younger as we now can hang with the first group again. John Slawta put Vision wheels on it and they feel very responsive. I had him spec the whole bike as I haven't been keeping up with the tech side of bikes. I have 165 Lightning cranks on the front so your comments make me a little nervous. Hope I don't have any problems.....