Old 04-27-12, 04:47 PM
megalowmatt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone Still Have Their '90's Steel Mountain Bike?

I still have the one I bought new in '91 from a place in town that offered free tuneups for life...until he went out of business a year later. lol

It's a ParkPre "Hammer". In fact it's what got me back into cycling and commuting ~4 years ago. I remember cleaning it up and realizing the shifters were shot so I took it into a local shop where they put on new shifters and tuned it up. Put the semi-slicks on there and commuted on it for several months until I realized I "needed" something better....i guess that's the way it goes.

I have to say it's still in pretty good shape for as much as I used it back then and rides really nice.

Anyway, here it is:

...complete with the original "scrot bag" seat bag my friends used to refer to it as.

Dig that splatter paint job! I think I did a pretty darn good job of matching the bottle holder. lol

Tange stickers...(I still have no idea as to what those mean)

I've thought of giving it away or selling it over the years but glad I didn't. Every time I take it for a ride around the neighborhood I'm reminded how nice it rides. These things really do make for nice commuters. Hard to imagine it's over 21 years old and I'm 21 years older!

If you've still got one of these I would love to see some pictures!