Old 02-13-18, 03:30 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
Originally Posted by seau grateau
So there's basically three camps here:

1- Disc rotors can't cut like that
--CF bikes are everywhere now ... because all the aluminum has been snatched up by the aluminum foil hat industry.

2- Literally any part of a bike can cut like that
Actually, this is true. Skin can and will split .... I split a knee wide open once. No tear in the pants, inch-and-a half long, quarter-inch-wide, quarter-inch deep opening in the flesh. Flesh can split like a sausage skin.

Someone mentioned boxers ... obviously boxers are not getting "cut" by a pound of padded glove ... forget a two-millimeter edge, a boxing glove impacts over like a square foot ... but we have all seen boxers get "cut."
3- I did a different sport
You missed the folks who say stupid stuff like .... "I have discs but don't ride in a tight pack at dangerous speeds with packs of riders all using discs so it is a non-issue."

Or the fools who say, "Yes, discs can be an added risk but not significant for most riders. (Equally, they don't really offer much performance improvement for most riders ....)"

And what about the lame-brains who say stuff like "Too many credible stories have been told by too many people with no agenda, so that at this point only people with a strong agenda (read: unwillingness to face facts) can continue to deny that discs Sometimes cut riders ... but so far the incidence seems very low."

Yeah .... lots of those folks out there ... what can you do?