View Single Post
Old 04-02-20, 04:55 PM
babie_lato

Bikes: Peugeot PR65

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts
I found a frame which seems really good to me. It's a Koga Miyata - World Traveller Lady with Hardtlite FM-1 tubing (chromoly, tripple butted) in perfect size: 57cm. I also like the idea of buying just a frame and choosing components myself.

BUT there is one problem: it's a touring frame and the seller wrote me he recommends 700 x 32c or even 700 x 35c tires. I really wanted a bike with thinner tires like maximum 700 x 25c. Is it stupid, pointless or even impossible to put thinner rims and tires on this bike? I don't mind that the geometry of the bike is not like a racer, I don't need to ride super fast. I just really love elegance of thin-tire bikes and I imagine thin rims and tires are also a bit lighter than thick ones?

I found the bike in the Miyata catalogue and it seems to be the model from 1993. I attach a catalogue image below pictures of the actual frame.

And one more stupid question: does a touring bike like this even classify as a mixte? Or are mixtes always female versions of racing bikes?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

Likes For babie_lato: