Old 07-05-20, 10:02 AM
mprince
Dont fix whats not broken

Bikes: Steelman Stage Race, Dura-Ace 9s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 93 Posts
Agree with most of the preceding posts. When I was younger and raced I tracked everything - heartrate, miles/time, altitude, etc. Kept detailed mileage logs, weighed myself every day, the whole nine yards. I got tired of it and got to the point that I was riding because I felt like I HAD to. That caused me to re-evaluate some things and as a result spent considerable time off of the bike, away from bikes. Now I have one bike (not the latest greatest, it's almost 20 years old with a 9-speed groupset on it), there are no computers, no data logging for me. I wear a mechanical wristwatch and a quick glance tells me how long I've been riding. If I want to know how far I rode, I put my route on google maps when I get home (but I don't do that very often). I do carry my cell phone when I ride, but only to use in case of emergency, there's no cycling apps on it.

I can honestly say I enjoy riding my bike more now (at 55 years old) than I ever have. I once again am riding my bike because I want to.
Likes For mprince: