Old 03-28-21, 02:39 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathanf2
On the streets 11-34t is a breeze, it's just for these steep mountain fire roads I'm climbing where I feel I could go one more gear lower. Do you think 11-36t would affect my big front gear though? Not that I ever ride the 46t front with the 34t rear, since it's better just to drop to the small chainring, I just want to keep the bike riding smooth while gaining slightly better climbing. Thanks for the help so far!
Just do not cross-chain the big-big combination. You should not do that anyway. When you ave the cassette on and while bike is in a stand clowly and CAREFULLY hand crank the bike and work your way up too he big-big combination. watch the rear derailleur as the chain comes up and if it is starting to reach the limits of stretch STOP and get a longer chain... The longer chain will then work in the big-big combination if you go there by accident, but you still should avoid the combination.
Likes For dwmckee: