Old 04-03-21, 09:12 PM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Tubes are a pain in the ass. They flat a lot more often, you have to run higher pressures because there's a tube to pinch, they add to rolling resistance, the ride quality is lesser.
Totally agree. I've been tubeless on all bikes for three years. I'm never going back to tubes, for all the reasons you list. I've done probably 15 setups myself so far. At this point, I actually find trying to get a tube in a tire without pinching it more or a hassle than mounting a tubeless tire. You just have to develop a repeatable system that works for you.

This thing seems gimmicky, but if they work as advertised, even better. I'll use them if they work.
CushCore is well established and accepted technology on mountain bikes. I think something like this is probably overkill for the majority of road and gravel riders, but the idea apparently works as advertised.
Likes For Hiro11: