View Single Post
Old 11-10-19, 09:33 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Simple, we sometimes put too much emphasis on clinical trials. I'm not implying that we should ignore them, only that we should investigate more to determine if it was a neutral study, and if anybody stands to gain from the results. Too many trials examine the wrong people or have an agenda to show only one side.

For example, one trial reveals that milk is bad for you. While another makes the claim that it is the perfect food. Not surprising that the positive results were funded by the dairy industry, which doesn't inherently make it false. But it does make it suspect.

Anyway, my hopes with this thread is to get more personal experience with some of the newer substance as opposed to solely results of the trials -- which don't always examine the right people or reveal the complete results.

I knew about the merits of coffee long before I ever read any clinical data on it. The trials just helped me understand exactly what was going on in the body, and how it works. Coffee is just one plant that we all know about and would agree works. Simply stated, it can't be the only one on earth with those qualities.Do you have suggested link?

Is it prescription drug or an OTC? Doctors won't condone or tell you about anything that's not pharmaceutical. I have a cabinet full of all the pills and potion junk that only made me feel worse.

Most of his pain relievers only take away your ability to think clearly and make you brain dead. Not a condition you'd want to leave your house in.
Prednisolone is a corticosteroid. You need a script. It's more effective for pain than IV morphine, I've had both within the last few months. It works by turning inflammation off. It doesn't make you foggy, the side effects are being more hungry and obsessively cleaning you house. It should be easy to get from your doctor if you're in pain, it's not an opiod, it's not recreational, it's not addictive.

But you can't take too much or for too long, or you'll develop Cushing's syndrome until months after you stop taking it. Your doctor will make sure you stay on the safe side.