Old 10-25-20, 06:18 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
Just how squirrelly are we talking about here and what kind of ride was it. I can’t imagine a time when I’m riding with my pre-Covid group and anyone would have gotten tangled up like that. Sounds like the dude should stick to his peloton.
The last ride of the year is always super casual - plain clothes and commuter/utility bikes, no sprints, pacelines or anything like that. As far as the crash itself, we were riding two-up, chatting with the person next to us. I heard a "whoa whoa whoa!" from one of the other guys, looked up and saw squirrely guy at the front, leaning a shoulder in to the guy he was riding beside, going down shortly thereafter (I was surprised that only one other guy went down). Afterwards, the guy that called out the "whoa, whoa, whoa!" said that squirrely had drifted over and found himself close to the centerline and, in correcting, came back to the right too far and too fast.

Originally Posted by phrantic09
WhyFi I just got off of the phone with my buddy/former colleague that lives literally a few blocks away from you (near the shore of Lake Harriett) sounds like the weather has sucked real bad, hope it warms up.
Yeah, he's very close! We're supposed to be in the 40s in the coming days, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.