Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
How is Enve heavier than LB?

BTW, the Enve hoops are also wider than LBs

all of these are deeper than LB
the ENVE is hookless, and I know that one person was able to slice off the hooks on the LB (making it 25mm ID) and ride it on his commuter- which would bring them on a par. And you’re right, the ENVEs are 1mm wider externally. But besides that, they are quite similar. Except one is over 5 times the price of the other.

others:
but not by much, and not more aerodynamic- which is what matters. And they’re heavier by some 100g. At this point we’re splitting hairs over technicalities, which to me is insane considering how much time, money and expertise has been poured into all of these other wheels.

I have very little reason to believe that LB rims would be anything but reliable. However, that would mean believing that almost every single other mainstream wheel manufacturer is basically scamming us out of our money by charging us hand over fist and providing us with technologically inferior wheels.

Besides ease of communication, can anyone provide me with a good reason to go with a mainstream wheel over LB? I’m just out here looking for a “catch”. I get very uncomfortable around deals with no “catch”. Usually the catch is $$$.