View Single Post
Old 09-17-20, 03:05 PM
sha90

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ironfish653
And that is the shame of being a cyclist in the US. bikes have been viewed as recreation, not transportation for the last half a century; Americans just like their cars too much.

There are very few places in the US that people can live close enough to work, shopping, and services, AND have safely cycleable routes between them, to provide much of a market for those kinds of bikes. Nobody wants to build, market or import a bunch of bikes that won’t sell, no matter how cheap they are.

Brands like Priority and PureFix make some decent city bikes, but you pay a little premium for the image and style, like a $5 cup of coffee from Starbucks.
The IKEA bike had some real promise, but the company got cold feet and pulled it off the market over a really minor design flaw.
where did my reply go? well here it is again;p

unfortunately, unless one is a super athlete, for long distances, traveling by car is often more comfortable and easy. (it's hot over here) when my car died, I was taking the bus but with covid I have to find other ways to get around. I love how biking gives me more independence. my state is small so some places are accessible. car traffic during rush hour is horrendous. I hope seeing me bike will get at least one other person to take it up. all that being said..i also have to look for a car...