Old 05-08-17, 03:25 AM
Doppiadi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this board and the reason I'm here is the bike below of course. I'm an all around bike lover but I've never had a true classic/vintage bike.. until now; to be fair I still don't have it as I feel I'm just the "guardian" of this bike. It was donated to me from a dear friend who used to ride it in the past, but while he is emotionally attached to the bike as it was a gift from his father, the bike was collecting dust and not in very good riding conditions, so he wanted me to make good use of the bike knowing it was in good hands and close to him.

So back to the bike: it's an old Atala in Columbus steel, fully equipped with Campagnolo Super Record. The rear derailleur says pat.82, and since I know a pat.84 exists I would guess it's an 82/83 bike, or a later bike with an earlier derailleur, maybe you can help!!

As I said the bike was in the need for some love, what I did was a very deep cleaning, polishing and relubing; I then gave it some new bar tape and a new saddle, I've chosen a Cinelli Unicanitor to somehow match the Cinelli handlebar. I'll probably switch the pedals for something more period correct. The bike is a blast to ride, very agile, it "feels fast" and I'm very happy to have it around, it will be with me until I'm able to ride it and then it will be donated to a new owner

20170505_213018.jpg