Old 02-22-19, 11:34 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by aclinjury
Americans really do have a high opinion of themselves, no matter what ethnicity they're from. You're such prototypical one. You're from Socal? Ever been seen the Mexican and Filipino guys working at those Custom booth? Yep, typical ahole American attitude, and no they're not even white.
I really don't understand what you are saying. So far I have not read about what countries the non-American's are posting from. Where do you live?
I don't even know what the debate is.

I typically am seen as a power crazy arrogant guy. I think that has little to do with being from the USA (grew up in Africa) and more just my personal demeanor.

Yes, I live in SoCal. I am not "from" here. I also have a CO place, and I also am not from there.

Anyway, on topic, I asserted that the view of using PEDs for cycling in Europe is different than in the USA. I still assert that. How that is an arrogant statement / ahole American attitude, I really don't know.

You are welcome to explain it.

I am a cycling fan. I go to cycling places, I take video, I talk to people, I enjoy lots of places in Europe. But the countries in Europe are different. Just in the the feed zones and spectating cycling this is obvious. Some places ignore the rules, some don't. Czech Republic is different than Germany, is different than France, is different than Belgium...

I have 1st hand experience with race promoters, officials and fans in all the above - add Italy, and Spain. So what is it I am so out of touch with?

Last edited by Doge; 02-22-19 at 11:41 PM.