Thread: Doping
View Single Post
Old 05-01-19, 02:36 PM
txags92

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
The part about Sky that is so suspicious to me is the way they have a cadre of domestiques that can outclimb the rest of the world class climbers in the major stage races. When you have 4 random domestiques on the front from Sky who are climbing setting a pace that even the best climbers in the world can't attack, it starts looking a lot like US Postal. When the lead guy for Sky goes down, the next guy just steps up and dominates whichever race it is...looks a lot like US Postal. We have seen this whole story before. One team just seems to be better from top to bottom than any other team in the big races that count. One team seems to have an endless supply of domestiques who can ride the legs off of the other teams. And when guys leave Sky and go elsewhere, they just never seem to have the same level of success headlining other teams. It just so closely matches what we saw from US Postal that I just find it hard to believe it is just some super top secret training programs that put them head and shoulders above everybody else. I wish I wasn't so cynical about it, but it just doesn't pass the smell test for me.