wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by CanadianBiker32
Ok i got myself confused on what to eat day of event. Such as if event is in morning or noon. Should one have a big breakfast. Yes i do have good meals, 48 hours prior and day before of good carbs etc.

Recently I just did a long XC ski race. i eat well day before. So morning of event. I thought you should also have good breakfast? i guess i was wrong.
this is what i ate 3.5 hours prior to the ski event, for breakfast
For morning of event.

1. Oatmeal.
2. orange juice
3. apple
4. 3 slices of toast - peanut butter
5. lots of water

this was around 8am with event starting at 11

on route to event around 10am on bus

1. part of granola, - harvest crunch
2. banana
3. water

That about it
however at stop of one rest station prior there was gatorade which i had and it was hot

otherwise nothing else odd here as most foods normal and was eating healthy days prior

So into the event about only about 13minutes into event of skiing. I got into a crisis. I got the "runs" I was forced to stop and jump into the bush and let it all go. and i was that way rest of the event,
probably one of my worst skis all year.

Now I have a few 100 mile mt bike events for in about 2 months i am doing

So please please give me an idea of what to eat the morning of event for a breakfast? as i do feel i should have something in the tummy, but am i eating too much? or too much fibre?

All the best suggestions on this?
Should i eat very little when event is in the morning for breakfast?
Too much fibre and too many liquids might of caused you to have runs. All that orange juice, lots of water and Gatorade plus all that fibre is what might of caused your digestive distress.. Next time skip the orange juice and have some tea instead . Wait a little bit and let your body digest some of the food before drinking a lot... My personal breakfast before a long distance ride is scrambled eggs, and some potatoes mashed with butter, ... hash browns and eggs are also great for breakfast..White rice with eggs also makes good breakfast, white rice is a lot easier to digest then oatmeal and less likely to cause digestive distress.

Last edited by wolfchild; 03-08-14 at 09:07 AM.