Thread: New Sandblaster
View Single Post
Old 02-24-18, 09:44 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Liked 3,864 Times in 2,312 Posts
I returned in a few days and started back in cutting themounting hole for the pressure regulator w/ a hole saw, a 1 5/8” size + after further openingup with the grinder. I left theregulator loose as I wasn’t going to attach the hoses or mount the pressuregage yet. The doors were straight forward. In time I’ll replace the edge sealstriping, it has a few gaps for now. Funny how one of the simplest parts would have my brain upside down, thedoor latch plates went on twice with the second time the right side up way. Icleaned the cabinet inside and out as there was a lot of metal dust from thecutting/grinding. The light box and its glass cover went well, included were afew extra window sacrificial plastic overlays. The Pro-Blast kit came with abetter air outlet cover. The OEM one is short and doesn’t extend to the lowercorner of the back wall, getting a crossing your work air flow is the goal Mikesaid. The old one was removed and the new one loosely installed, this requireddrilling 6 holes in the back wall and plugging the old 4 holes now not in use.I plugged the other open holes with spare nut and bolts. When it’s done thefloor will sit about 9 1/2” lower so it will need cutting down. I tookmeasurements but will double check them the next visit. Last for the day wasbolting the legs to the cart floor. Ipositioned the cabinet as forward on the cart as I could as it’s rather rearweight biased. A final check of the supply hose length and the fittings for the supply air connection were done. Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1775.jpg (743.1 KB, 113 views)
IMG_1767.jpg (837.4 KB, 112 views)
IMG_1768.jpg (799.9 KB, 112 views)
IMG_1772.jpg (584.5 KB, 113 views)